Thursday 7 May 2015

Reiterating about online studies





Studying at UoPeople for me has been an issue of a day at a time, abiding by a course learning and submission schedule that works for you. Online learning is a great experience especially because it is peer to peer and self-paced, these qualities give it a life form and makes learning flexible. It is not that difficult, it is challenging rather in the sense that hurdles have to be overcome. 

Here in Nigeria, there was a time phase I had internet access issues, but that is no more, I had to resolve that by having different internet service providers. Improvising with alternative sources and options was one strategy that also enabled me to win in each Term. Talking about rewards of online studies, the rewards are endless and enormous, it is almost as afar as your eyes can see. 

Talking about the interesting aspects, you have to make it interesting for yourself, you have to socialize. It is your responsibility to make your studies enjoyable and fun. For example if you don't like using laptops and reading online and stuffs like that online institution is not your best choice. I excite myself by socializing with my colleagues on Yammer and directly in the UoPeople Moodle. I build a strong friend list with students and instructors. I have met UoPeople prospective students in Nigeria as a student ambassador. I have met the President Shai Reshef in Abuja during world economic forum. You have to engage yourself in the school, with the school and for the school, that is how to get going. 

And once you maintain a good grade your interest can also be hyped. Talking about motivation, motivation is a relative concept, what motivates me can demotivate you, what motivates me is a certification I can hold in my hands whether it is accredited or not. Believing in the school goals personally will motivate you, before the UoPeople got accreditation I told everyone around me that they will and they eventually did. Trust the community you belong and see their goals as part of yours and achieve your goals in theirs. I take two courses each term and three few times, to achieve balance you have to sometimes make a sacrifice. To succeed at UoPeople demand some sacrifice, if you achieve balance while doing so, then that is good and better. 

It is something I am still managing and so far I am coping. Coping is a better word to use, but God makes everything possible. I have dropped some employment because of UoPeople before, presently I manage to keep a job and study along, I grew overtime to learn how to do that.

You can read about the proof of UoPeople accreditation in the DEAC website, and you can join Yammer when you have become a Major student at UoPeople, however, the place to start is to apply to become a student today.

No comments:

Welcome

    The Learning Affiliates is a blogsite which contains information that has to do with enlightening onliners about educational and life ...