Tuesday 12 May 2015

"My UoPeople Story" by Doug (A Colleague)

My UoPeople Story

Online education at UoPeople is affordable, flexible and achievable, you can read more from the report from one of UoPeople students who got accepted into University and started fulfilling his academic dream. A dream can be fulfilled at UoPeople and a dream should be a load or burden, it can actually be fulfilled and UoPeople is that great helping hand you need. Read the testimony from Doug:

“Every now and then I’m asked to document my experience as a University of the People student. As I was writing it down this morning, I thought it might be helpful to post on this blog as well. My experience at the University of the People has been better than I ever could have imagined.
After graduating high school in 2003, I made two attempts to earn a degree. In both cases I was only able to complete a few semesters before having to drop out for personal reasons. I felt like a failure and to make things worse I had racked up nearly $20,000 in student loan debt. At that point in my life, I felt as though I would never be able to get a higher education and earn a degree that would open up new doors, personally and professionally.

In 2011 I read an article online about University of the People. UoPeople claimed to be the world’s first tuition-free online university. I was skeptical – a tuition-free college education sounded too good to be true. But the idea stuck with me and from time to time I would search the internet for any news or reviews about UoPeople. After seeing a few more articles about how UoPeople had partnered with reputable partners like Hewlett-Packard and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation I decided it was worth the $50 application fee to take a risk and apply for the first term in 2012. I was accepted shortly thereafter.”




No comments:

Welcome

    The Learning Affiliates is a blogsite which contains information that has to do with enlightening onliners about educational and life ...